Monday, November 14, 2005

Plantar Fasciitis!

Plantar Fasciitis. Neither the motto of an obscure branch of the military (Plantar Fasciitis! -- "always fibrous") nor the character in a Shakespearean play set in ancient Rome ("Greetings, Plantar! How fares the house of Fasciitis?", but inflammation of the fibrous strap-like structure on the bottom of the foot. That's likely what's been dogging my dogs the last several days, and will keep me on lower activity for a bit.

It can be caused by non-supportive shoes (check), flat feet (check), high-arched feet (definite no), sudden increase in activity level (not sudden, but the addition certainly keeps me busy), standing on hard floors for a long time (definite yes), and/or obesity (the exercise from working on the addition has made me lose a bit of weight and rearranged some of what I've got, but yeah, I could stand to lose a few more pounds). And common enough that they have pamphlets on it at Kaiser.

I certainly have lots of other stuff to do (like implementing Scary Bear's redesign on the Mt. Diablo Habitat for Humanity website that I maintain, or learning more about video and such for the media ministry at RLC), but it's frustrating as all get-out to have good weather and not be able to work on the house. Hmmph.

2 comments:

Gene said...

"Always fibrous". Guess that would be the U.S. Dried Plum Force (formerly the U.S. Army Prune Corps) :-)

Foot Care said...

I would like everyone who has heel pain, heel spurs or plantar fasciitis to know that there is Instant help for your heel pain. There is a new shoe cushion called "Heelbillys" and rightfully so because they are not your typical orthotic, but believe me they work and there is nothing on the market like them.
They can only be bought online at; www.heelbillys.com and cost only $15.00.


They are tall, soft cushions made out of a special foam and they fit inside your shoe right under your heel and feels like you are walking on a pillow. They give instant relief.
I have been wearing them now for over 3 months and my heel is so much
better that I can now walk without them but today's shoes are so poorly
cushioned that I don't take the chance because I don't want the excruciating pain that I had to come back. Today’s shoes are so poorly cushioned that even people who don’t have heel pain should get them to avoid heel pain problems, especially if they walk a lot. Sometimes the simple things work better than the expensive things that are just designed to cost a lot of money to make it seem like they are effective. Heelbillys are simple, and inexpensive but they are effective. You owe it to yourself to try them, and you won’t be disappointed, you can get instant relief.